New Collection is your all-access pass to events that bring together the culturally curious with prominent writers, artists and intellectuals. New Collection members are young Torontonians (ages 19 – 45) who get exclusive access to the city’s vibrant literary scene.
- Access to exclusive New Collection events throughout the year
- Private behind-the-scenes tours with curators of the library’s special collections
- Tickets to special lectures, programs, exhibits, and events presented by Toronto Public Library
- Discounts and perks at other literary inspired events such as the International Festival of Authors, Hot Docs and Soho House
- Charitable tax receipt for the maximum allowable amount
A portion of New Collection funding is directed to the Toronto Public Library’s Young Voices program that encourages creative expression in Toronto’s youth. The program includes the annual Young Voices Magazine of Teen Writing and Art, a full-day offering of writing workshops at the annual Young Voices Writers’ Conference and a Young Voices Electronic Writer in Residence. Young Voices allow youth to connect with adult experts in the arts, increase their literary and artistic skills and learn about potential career paths.
Read how New Collection members made an impact in 2015. New Collection 2015 Impact newsletter
- $300 Solo
- $500 Duo membership for two people
- $500 Solo with hosting privileges
Membership is valid for 12 consecutive months starting on the day you join.
(Monthly payment options are available for all membership levels).
Ready to join?
Fill out the New Collection Pledge Form and email it back to us.
Don’t forget to visit our events page to see upcoming events.
Coming to your first event alone? Don’t be shy! We’ll connect you with a New Collection Ambassador who will meet you at your first event and make introductions.
Contact us for more information
Ashley Boucher, Development Associate, Memberships