WE ARE NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT USED BOOK DONATIONS AT THIS TIME
Please check our website for updates about the re-opening of the BookENDS used Book Stores and details about when we will resume book donations.
Proceeds from the sale of your donated books help create opportunities and access for thousands of Torontonians.
Thank you for your interest in donating books to support Toronto Public Library (TPL). More than $2 million has been raised through the sale of used books to support TPL!
Your book donations are greatly appreciated. You can help support the Library even more by making a cash donation. Donations are essential and help fund the many vital programs, services and spaces at the Library. DONATE NOW.
You can buy or donate items and materials like books, CDs, DVDs and even vinyl records. Proceeds from book sales supports library programs and services.
1. BookEnds store donations can be dropped off at Toronto Reference Library in the Drop Box located at front of the book store during branch hours.
- Material should be in good condition; age of donated material is not a factor
- Books, CDs, LPs, DVDs, magazines,computer books,textbooks and encyclopaedias in all languages will be accepted.
Donations can also be dropped off at the Shipping and Receiving Department:
Toronto Reference Library – 789 Yonge Street, Toronto
Monday to Friday, 9 am – 3 pm
Saturday, please call 416-397-5948 to make arrangements
2. BookEnds store donations can be dropped off during store hours.
Store is located on the Concourse level of the North York Centre Mall – 5150 Yonge Street, Toronto
Tuesday to Saturdays, 10 am – 4 pm
Donations can also be dropped off at North York Central Library at the Shipping and Receiving Department:
Monday to Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm
Saturday, please call 416-395-5810 to make arrangements
Drop off books at your neighbourhood branch
Library donations can be dropped off at any library branch during branch hours. Branches only accept materials that can be resold and that meet the following criteria:
- Materials must be in very good condition and less than five years old.
- Only English and French books, CDs and DVDs will be accepted. For books, we prefer popular fiction and nonfiction in hardcover or paperback.
- Any other material, including magazines, computer books, textbooks, encyclopedias and multilingual material will not be accepted.
Boxes of books? Please drop them off at Toronto Reference Library. (Sorry, we don’t have pick-up service).
Questions? Call 416-393-7123
If you’re donating rare or historical materials, please call Answerline at 416-393-7131 and press 0.
The Library is unable to accept materials that do not meet the above criteria. Please consider recycling them as another option. For more information, please visit Waste Wizard: www.toronto.ca/wastewizard