You can buy or donate items and materials like books, CDs, DVDs and even vinyl records. Proceeds from book sales supports library programs and services.
1. BOOKEnds store donations can be dropped off at Toronto Reference Library in the Drop Box located at the front of the book store during branch hours.
- Materials should be in good condition; age of donated materials is not a factor.
- Books, CDs, LPs, DVDs, magazines, computer book and textbooks, encyclopedias in all languages are accepted.
Donations can also be dropped off at the Shipping and Receiving Department:
Toronto Reference Library – 789 Yonge Street, Toronto
Monday to Friday, 9 am – 3 pm
Saturday, please call 416-397-5948 to make arrangements
2. BOOKEnds store donation in North York can be dropped off at the store located in the Concourse level of the North York Central Mall
North York Centre Mall is located at 5150 Yonge Street, Toronto
Donations can be dropped off at North York Central Library at the Shipping and Receiving Department:
Monday to Saturday, 9 am – 4 pm
Saturday, please call 416-395-5810 to make arrangements
Drop off books at your neighbourhood branch
Library donations can be dropped off at any library branch during branch hours. Branches only accept materials that can be resold and that meet the following criteria:
- Materials must be in very good condition and less than five years old.
- Only English and French books, CDs and DVDs will be accepted. For books, we prefer popular fiction and nonfiction in hardcover or paperback.
- Any other material, including magazines, computer books, textbooks, encyclopedias and multilingual material will not be accepted.
Boxes of books? Please drop them off at Toronto Reference Library. (Sorry, we don’t have pick-up service).
If you’re donating rare or historical materials, please call Answerline at 416-393-7131 and press 0.
The Library is unable to accept materials that do not meet the above criteria. Please consider recycling them as another option. For more information, please visit Waste Wizard.