Members of the Literary Circle are a community of literary and Library lovers who support Toronto Public Library’s highest priority needs. Your donation is an investment in literacy, education and culture.
In addition to making an important impact at Toronto Public Library, Literary Circle enjoy access to events that feature fascinating authors, story-tellers and thought-leaders, while supporting the world’s busiest and biggest library–Toronto Public Library
Members benefits include:
- Invitations to intimate events featuring renowned authors like Yann Martel, Salman Rushdie, Miriam Toews, Peter Wohlleben, Heather O’Neill, and Chef David Tanis
- Reserve tickets to popular Appel Salon programs before they are released to the general public
- Recognition in the Toronto Public Library Foundation’s Annual Report
- Recognition on the Foundation Donor Wall located at the Toronto Reference Library
- A tax receipt for 100% of your donation
Become a Literary Circle Patron
You can become a Literary Circle patron today by annually making a donation to the Library at one of the following levels listed below. Click here to join this esteemed group of patrons.
LITERARY CIRCLE LEVELS:
Reader’s Circle | $1,000 – $2,499
Avid Reader’s Circle | $2,500 – $4,999
Collector’s Circle | $5,000 – $9,999
Conservator’s Circle | $10,000 -$24,999
The Reserve List Circle | $25,000+
To learn more or to become a member, please contact Jenny Le , 416-393-7073.
UPCOMING LITERARY CIRCLE EVENTS
Toronto x Food:
A Conversation with Toronto Foodies
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Toronto Reference Library
789 Yonge Street, 2nd Floor
Literary Circle members are invited to an intimate evening with a thought-provoking panel of personalities and change-makers from the Toronto food scene.
- Claire Tansey is a chef, author, former Food Editor for Chatelaine, guest expert on CityTV’s CityLine and most recently, Toronto Public Library’s first Food Writer-in-Residence.
- Afrim Pristine is a cookbook author, the world’s youngest maître fromager and owner of Toronto’s beloved Cheese Boutique, a 3-generation, almost 50-year-old cheese store.
- Alison Fryer is presently teaching at culinary schools, and continues to be a “go to” authority for the media on trends and cookbooks.
RSVP by October 30, 2019
Help us grow Literary Circle! Please bring a guest you would like to introduce to Literary Circle and the Library. Forward our invite to a friend.
This event is supported by: